“The Food we eat, makes us what we are!”
Eating is an important activity that we do in a day. We spend around 1 hour 17 minutes daily on eating. We get all essential nutrients to do our daily functions by the food we eat. Healthy food gives us energy, keeps our brain active, strengthen muscles and bones and prevent chronic disease. It also helps in maintaining weight and decreases stress.But are we eating right? Let’s find out how to eat right and healthy.
1) Breakfast is the necessary meal of the day. Make sure that you start your day with correct meal. Eat cereals like oats and drink skimmed milk.
2) Take 3 necessary meals a day. Eat more before evening and have little in dinner. Do not snack the whole day.
3) Snack only twice a day with healthy nuts, dry fruits, raisins or baby carrots. This will help keeping metabolism stoked. Avoid mid –night snacking.
4) Eat more veggies. Aim to eat 3 cups of vegetables and 2 fruits each day. Fill half of your lunch and dinner plates with veggies.
5) Include more carbohydrates and protein to your diet. Try eggs on grain toast, yogurt and fruit, crackers and cheese and wholegrain bread with tuna or chicken.
6) Eat steamed vegetables and have soups. Avoid deep-frying, which drenches your food in unnecessary calories, and boiling vegetables until they’re drained of color, as this will sap them of nutrients.
7) Limit salt portions in diet. More salt consumption will make you intake more calories. It is also makes bones weak and cause hypertension.
8) Spice up your food. Try hot sauce, salsa, and Cajun seasonings. They provide lots of flavor with no fat and few calories, plus they turn up your digestive fires, causing your body to temporarily burn more calories.
9) Eat fruits instead of conventional desserts. Prefer eating fruits instead of drinking them as fruit juices contain very less fibers and more sugar which do more harm than good.
10) Prefer green tea over normal tea and coffee. Drink it after meals as it is high in antioxidants and can help increase metabolic rate.
11) Keep yourself hydrated. Drink 3 liters of water each day. It helps flushing out toxins and maintains body fluids.
12) Sit down and chew your food properly. Eat your meals slowly and do not swallow. Take small portions of meal.
13) Don’t buy any prepared food that lists sugar, fructose, or corn syrup among the first four ingredients on the label. These lack nutrients and fibers.
14) Try to have 90% of your meals at home. Avoid eating outside.
15) Don’t eat while watching TV or playing with computer or mobile. These result into improper eating manner and over eating.
Stay healthy by eating healthy. Your eating habits should be regulated in order to live life to fullest. But that doesn’t mean you can’t party occasionally. For more such blogs visit www.limehoney.in.